My blogging buddy, Dianna, at These Days of Mine, tagged me last week with this challenge. I haven’t done one of these in a while, and I’m glad to find time to join in.
As Dianna said, “Get comfy, folks; this may take a while.”
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Eleven facts you may not know about me.
1.) Rick and I eat pizza at least once a week.
2.) I skip breakfast more than I should.
3.) Rectangular, square or round? I prefer to sit at a round table.
4.) When the Girl Scout cookie sheets come around, I’m sure to check off Caramel Delites and Thin Mints.
5.) T-Bob, our cat, has never ventured outside. I can leave a door wide open bringing in the groceries and he just sits looking out.
6.) I enter the HGTV dreamhouse sweepstakes every year. Maybe this will be my year.
7.) Of all the rooms I have sat in, I love sitting in my sister’s sun room.
8.) When we go to the farm, I’m keenly aware of staying clear of recluse spiders.
9.) I love playing Skip-Bo with daughters and grandson.
10.) East or West? I love flying East, and driving out west.
11.) North or South? I like to visit up North, and I love living down South.
And here are the eleven questions that Dianna asked me to answer:
1.) What’s a favorite summertime memory from your childhood? Swimming, going to camp and taking family vacations.
2.) You and a close friend have an afternoon to spend together. What are your plans? Find a restaurant we both like, visit and find time to be among the last to leave.
3.) What dish can you prepare without using a recipe? Why, gravy, of course.
4.) What image is on your mouse pad? A drawing my daughter did when she was about 8 that I had transferred to a mouse pad.
5.) Do you have a nickname? George or Georgie. Mom works too, a lot of the time.
6.) What is your favorite way to exercise? Riding a bike.
7.) Do you play a musical instrument? hmmmm…piano, but not as well as my brother
8.) Were you named for someone? If so, whom? my mother’s father
9.) What is your favorite type of music? musicals
10.) When is your birthday (month and day)? June
11.) What’s the closest you’ve ever been to a natural disaster? a tornado…Hurricanes Alicia, Katrina, Rita and Ike
If you’re tagged, these are the questions for you to answer. I kinda like several of the questions Dianna had to answer. I’ll keep a few and tweak some others.
1. Did you have a cousin close in age to you?
2. What was the first novel that transported you? (This question was a “keeper”.)
3. Is the work you do to pay the bills a passion or practical? (Another good question.)
4. Do you have a favorite country western song? If so, which is it?
5. If you could (or do) grow a garden would there be flowers or vegetables to fill it? (Another keeper.)
6. What would you like to see in the US that you haven’t seen yet? Or abroad? (I’m always interested in hearing about this one.)
7. Have you ever caught a fish? If so, tell us about it.
8. What’s your favorite breakfast, lunch or dinner meal?
9. Have you been surprised recently? What surprised you? When?
10. What is a state you have never traveled to, but you plan to visit someday?
11. Is there a 2012, 2013 movie you would recommend?
The rules didn’t specify how many bloggers to name to participate in this challenge. I hope you visit them as they always offer their own unique perspective as they come across my reader, and that’s probably why they’re on my blogroll. It’s a lot of fun and you may just meet someone new.
1.) Melissa at Writing for Daisies
2) Jean at The Self-styled Life
3.) Rosie at Wondering Rose
4.) Elyse at fifty-four and a half
5.) Chris at bridgesburning
6.) Sherri at Travel Spirit
7.) Kathy at pocketperspectives
8.) Jean at nolagirlatheart
This is involved, so I realize there may be some who would choose not to play along. So, if you prefer not to, PLEASE don’t feel obligated! And, thankfully, there’s no deadline.